Sunday, September 24, 2006

Autumn In Land O'Loons



Bill and I went to Land O' Lakes for a few days - it was very nice to get away. (And, I didn't hear of any instances of thousands of people wearing togas, smoking cigarettes and doing keg-stands on the front lawn, so apparently things went well at home. Thanks, Jon and Ruth.) "Colorama" was in full swing in-town Land O Lakes, with one store not open because "the girl didn't show up today", another store had a note taped on its door on Saturday saying "not in - be back Sunday 10am". This, on a weekend that they get on the radio and virtually BEG tourists to come and visit. Go figure. But anyway we had a nice time, did some cleaning, got rid of some 20 year old sheets. Although I couldn't throw away Jon and Dave's dinosaur sheets. I'm "saving them for John Joseph", which obviously is nuts. But any rationalizing will do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

T, now that you mention it, it WAS the wearing of the Tigers outfit that started it all. Good thing he's growing so fast he will be out of it in no time. At least the media isn't calling people names (yet) like they did last year with the poor BoSox fans who expected another run at the World Series, and got called whiners when it didn't happen. Being true Chicago fans, we're all just shrugging our shoulders and saying "maybe next year...."

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home