Friday, September 29, 2006

Cows, cucarachas, mirror babies and running thoughts


Christine called this week and we had a good chat. Currently she is learning how to "show" a dairy cow at a livestock judging activity. While the cow is ok, it does try to push her a lot ("my clothes all smell like cow"), but at least she is having fun. I was a little surprised when I told her about the controversy at Great America over Fright fest (see the picture). Chrissy didn't react like the protector of all creatures great and small. "Why do all the good things happen when I can't go to frightfest?" Which lead to a spirited discussion over weather she would eat a cockroach in order to get a speedpass (she says she would). Chrissy (and David and Jon and Nan) and I went to the 2nd fright fest ever, circa 1990 or 91, and have been to most of them since, so great memories.
Thursday I stopped off to see the star of the blog (see the swing set pictures below) and his mom. JJ and I had a fun time at the park, then we all went to Culvers, where he worked the room like Sinatra. At the end of his bath, the little noodle and his mom stood in front of the mirror waving to the mom and baby on the other side. It brought back some great memories of myself and Chrissy talking to mirror guy and mirror girl when she was little. After he went to bed K went off to join T for a little while while I babysat, apparently snoring louder than the little guy. Before that however, K asked me what time I hope to run in the
When I told her, she was supportive, but cautious. "Are you insane? You bloated, shambling, gelatinous old fossil. You couldn't run that time in a million years." When I pointed out that I have run faster than that in the past, she asked if Eisenhower was president when that occured. (Nope, Reagan, first administration). But anyway, the good news is, when I run long distance I often daydream, and weather it is for a shorter or longer time, its good to know that there are so many great memories, with more being made every week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

WE NEED YOUR BIB NUMBER!!! Did you check out that link? They have various pictures of runners by bib number from last year. Awesome! And I know Kelly didn't say that. She's as impressed as all of us that you are running. Also, Big Lou making the trip to Milwaukee will be a good memory. Is anyone bringing a camera? Good luck with it, Sticker. Have a good run.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

PS- As I was reading your post I was thinking of how boring life would have been without your enthusiasm. Nobody had ever even HEARD of Fright Fest and Tim talked us into going. All the trips - to the dunes, Great America, Cedar Point, Kiddieland, Cirle M Ranch, Lake Superior, Crystal Lake. Always up for adventure, Tim, and bringing all of us along for the ride. Wish I could go to Milwaukee and watch the race. I know it will be a good one.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Uncle Mit said...

Thanks Lynne and Nan. Its great to have family to go places with, and I appreciate all the support. As for the marathon, I tried to prove K wrong for the first half of the race , but then the wheels fell off. Maybe next year.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home