Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy 21st Birthday, Dave!

I was thinking this morning about the day David was born (as we moms seem to always do on our children's birthdays.) I had a doctor appointment that morning, and Grandma Kay was meeting me there in Addison to corral Jonathan while I was in with the doctor. I knew I was in labor, and Dr. Kalsi confirmed that I was. Grandma Kay decided to follow me home in her car JUST IN CASE I HAD TO TURN OFF AT NORTH AVENUE AND GO TO THE HOSPITAL (Yes. We both knew it was nutty, but a girl can dream, can't she?) My absolute favorite memory of that afternoon is Grandma Kay and Grandma Alice standing together outside my house, holding Jonathan, and telling him there would be a new brother or sister today. They were both so excited for this baby! Of course we were pretty sure he was a girl (thank you, discontinuted due to poor accuracy over the counter gender test) but the grandmas thought the jury was still out on that one. Turns out they were right again.
Happy Birthday, Davis. And many many many many more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Have something good for Breafkast. Then maybe you can go to the zoo and see the silly-butts. Or stay up really late and have some undecaffeinated coffee. OR you can have a bologna sandwich and go to bed.

Hah! Happy birthday, David.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Sometimes my sister repeats herself.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That? Was awesome.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home