Tuesday, July 29, 2008

5.4, or 5.8, or....

We had a seismic event (aka an earthquake) at 11:45 this morning. The Caltech website says: A magitude-5.4 earthquake occurred at 11:42 a.m. on Tuesday, July 29, in the Chino Hills area. (At first they said it was a 5.something, then 5.8, now 5.4...)

Anyway, we're all fine. It was a first for both boys, although I don't think Colin felt it at his basketball camp. Just wanted to let you know we're OK- phones can be spotty.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Lynne,
I just heard about it when I sat down at the computer. I'm glad you're all ok and the windows held up!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I talked to Frank and he said everybody was ok, I am glad to hear that there was no damage in your are, did anything fall off the shelves??

glad you guys are ok. -Tim

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Nothing fell- as far as I can tell we had no damage at all. Of course, 6 months from now I'll find something broken and I won't know how it happened. Overall, rather scary but we were lucky.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earthquakes in California and tornadoes in Ill. Glad we're all ok. I miss you all.
Louise

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home